Here’s to creating holiday fun for everyone! Whether you are traveling near or far or not traveling at all, there are endless ways to engage in all things festive and fun. From taking in some of the season’s classic traditions to creating your own, hosting parties, or planning exciting activities big or small, the best gift you can give to someone is your time and creating cherished memories that will last a lifetime.
Here are some meaningful ways you can share festive fun with everyone this season:
Regardless of your location, there are amazing Christmas traditions across the country that will enhance your holiday spirit. With some of the best Christmas light displays, holiday decorating, holiday craft fairs, and other festive family activities on their calendars, there are many places to consider adding to your Christmas bucket list. Even if you are limited on travel time this holiday season, there are awe-inspiring locations worth a weekend trip for a fun-filled holiday experience.
All you have to do is book your trip, witness the Hallmark Christmas movie–worthy magic and truly experience what a Winter-Wonderland feels like!
Here are some of our favorites from across the country to inspire your Wanderlust:
Staying local is another great way to experience the warmth of holiday cheer. It allows you to connect with your community, celebrate the holidays with friends and family, honor timeless traditions, and even start a new tradition of your own. After all, it provides an opportunity to slow down and practice kindness, gratitude, and generosity towards others as we open our doors and experience the season in all its glory.
As true believers in the art of hospitality, there is no better way to show your neighbors and community how much you care than going out, being present, and expressing genuine gratitude.
Here are a few of our favorites:
“You’ve Been Jingled!
Ho, Ho, Ho, and Away They Go!
This special treat was made just for you,
By some of Santa’s helpful crew.
Don’t let the fun stop at your door,
Make a few treat to deliver some more!
Let’s all spread some holiday cheer,
and celebrate the magic this time of year!”
-Santa’s Special Helpers!
Staying in for the holidays? Not to worry! There are so many heartwarming activities you can enjoy from the comfort of your home. If you feel up for celebrating but do not want to go out in the cold, call your friends up and invite them over for your own holiday party. For last-minute hosting necessities check out our favorite eH entertaining home décor here.
As we love everything ENTERTAINING, we love to bring the fun indoors with festive party ideas:
1. Throw an Ugly Sweater Party. As a popular Holiday-themed party, ‘Ugly Christmas Sweaters’ have received a lot of attention for their eye-catching and eccentric designs. You can send out invitations with instructions for guests to come dressed in their ugliest Christmas sweater. The ideas are endless and will certainly bring lots of laughs as you encourage your guests to be creative with their choice.
2. Gingerbread House Competition. Have fun with friends and family and spend an afternoon decorating gingerbread houses over Hot Cocoa, Spiced Wine, or Hot Toddies. Whoever wins the competition for the best house can be awarded a small gift or gift card.
3. Hanging Decorations Skip the headache and tedious alone time spent perfecting your Christmas decorations,by inviting your friends over to help decorate your tree and hang the lights. For those who don’t live close by, create a virtual Christmas Decor party and share some virtual cheer.
4. Host a Christmas Movie Marathon. Snuggle up with a Hot Toddy and watch all the Christmas Classics with friends or family. Some of our favorites are Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, A Charlie Brown Christmas, and It’s a Wonderful Life.
5. Ornament Exchange. This is a great opportunity to mix and spruce up your own ornament collection. Simply invite some friends over and have everyone bring a new ornament to exchange as you spend the afternoon socializing and in cheer.
6. Cookie Swap. This one is for all the bakers and dessert lovers! Call your friends and family ahead of time to let them know when you are planning your cookie swap so they have time to mark their calendars and plan accordingly. Ask each guest to arrive with premade cookies wrapped in goodie bags, ready to be swapped with another baker’s cookie creations! This will quickly become a cherished tradition for the years to come.
7. Feast of the Seven Fishes. Celebrate like the Italians! Whether making reservations at your local Italian restaurant or cooking this traditional feast at home, everyone is sure to enjoy eating seven different seafood dishes and seven course meal. Bon Appétit!
8. Secret Santa + White Elephant Gift Exchange. Gather your friends or family members and host a Secret Santa or White Elephant Exchange Party. For the Secret Santa gift exchange randomly assign each person to whom they will purchase a gift for and reveal the giver after all the gifts are opened. To create some additional fun, encourage your guests to purchase a “white elephant gift” which is an impractical or funny gift as part of the exchange. The result is sure to bring lots of laughter and holiday cheer.
With all of these fun festive activities in mind, you will be able to experience holiday cheer to the fullest this season!
Share your favorite festive activities and traditions with us at @everythinghospitality_ on Instagram.
“Christmas is the season for kindling the spirit of Hospitality”
– Washington Irving
SHARING REAL LIFE TOGETHER